Kindle Scout Update
News came through in the early hours of today that Metropolitan Dreams didn’t get selected for Kindle Scout.
In one sense, it’s nice to feel that pinch of ‘rejection’ that almost every writer talks about.
On the other hand I know my sadness is only a fleeting moment for the following reasons:
- It doesn’t change my original plans, which were always to self publish. This just seemed like an ideal opportunity to try something in the middle path, which only delayed my original launch slightly
- It was an exciting adventure and one I am very pleased I tried
- I have had incredible support and moving feedback (thank you all sooo much)
- I had some brilliant stats and spent a fair amount of time on ‘hot and trending’ thanks to your support
- I knew the odds were much better than traditional publishing, but still only at 19% and the process definitely favours established authors or those who can mobilise enormous social media followings
- Other books were rejected much earlier in the process and Metropolitan Dreams took until the maximum time allowed to decline, so I am hopeful that they thought it was worth reviewing and considered it carefully
- I know, with all my heart, that over the last eighteen months I have worked incredibly hard on my debut novel and I am immensely proud of what I have managed to achieve
- The dream will still be realised, and for that I can only feel happiness and optimism
So, once again, a huge thank you for your support. I am incredibly grateful for your virtual friendship and unwavering faith, it means more than I can ever say.
Metropolitan Dreams will be released late Jan/early Feb 2017.